Project suggestions for CS 4033/5033 Fall 2015
The following is a list of new suggestions from 2015. For other suggestions, visit previous year's project pages (linked from the main class page).
- I have access to a tremedous amount of weather data. Let me know if you are interested in working on a weather-based project and I'll work to get you the data.
Machine Learning contests on Kaggle
- Kaggle has a variety of really need ML and data mining contests that are constantly running. It can be fun to pick one that is happening during the semester and participate in it. Who knows, maybe you can win big money while learning? No matter what, you can learn something from participating.
- Note you cannot pick the handwriting recognition contest and data. This has been done in too many prior class projects and is no longer available as a project.
Pick a data set from an online repository
- There are a lot of publicly available data sets ripe for learning from. For example, this is a meta-collection of data sets, meaning it is a collection of collections of data. You can find almost anything here!
Use data from your own research or projects
- Many of you are taking the class because you think machine learning can help you with your research. Feel free to use that research data as part of your class project. Just be sure you are willing to share the data with your partner as all the projects are partnered.
- Spacewar is my implementation of the classical game of Asteroids. The code is very stable and lots of fun to play with. Feel free to use it as a simulation engine.
This page written by amcgovern [at] ou.edu.
August 16, 2016 1:29 PM